BAHA MAR – THE BAHAMIAN RIVIERA
Baha Mar is the largest single-phase luxury resort project in the history of the Caribbean, and the most substantial currently in development in the Western Hemisphere.
The US $3.5 billion development, slated to open in December 2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas, will create a grand experience of sophisticated luxury and leisure. Set alongside 3,000 feet of uninterrupted white sand beach and crystal-clear turquoise waters, Baha Mar captures the true spirit of the region, merging the most elite collection of hospitality brands in the world with authentic Bahamian culture and architecture.
Baha Mar will be the must-visit destination of our generation – The New Riviera
BEST IN HOTEL BRANDS & GAMING
The Baha Mar Casino & Hotel
As the dazzling centerpiece of Baha Mar, The Baha Mar Casino & Hotel will be home to 100,000 square feet of gaming excitement. Featuring 1,500 slots and 150 table games, the casino floor will rival the best around the world. Players and pleasure-seekers will be immersed in the thrilling Baha Mar lifestyle in its 1,000 luxury rooms, including 23 exclusive private residences. Steps away, ESPA will offer 30,000 square feet of divine relaxation, showcasing extensive views of pristine white sand and the Caribbean sea. VIP guests will delight in the Ultra Villa, the unparalleled residence featuring interior designs by Kravitz Design, the creative firm of multi-platinum Grammy winning performing artist, actor, and designer Lenny Kravitz.
Rosewood at Baha Mar
With a long and successful history managing exclusive luxury properties, including three award-winning resorts in the Caribbean, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts will operate and manage Rosewood at Baha Mar, a 200-room luxury hotel, including 87 private residences and villas. Rosewood at Baha Mar will also feature the intimate Sense Spa. Rosewood Hotels & Resorts bestows each of its distinctive properties with one-of-a-kind ambiance and style, creating a world of refinement and sophisticated travel by offering world-class attention to detail and exceptional personalized service.
Mondrian at Baha Mar
Mondrian represents the consummate expression of a balancing act between apparent contradictions – entertainment and spirituality, cutting-edge style and simplicity, fantasy and reality. Mondrian at Baha Mar will include 300 distinctive designer rooms and 107 private residences that perfectly capture the quintessential lifestyle of The Bahamas by uniting its deeply rooted appreciation of relaxed, island living with a pervasive sense of magic, glamour and excitement.
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar
An established brand with an international presence, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts will operate and manage the 700-room convention hotel, Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar. Featuring grand-scale, distinctive hotels in some of the world’s most desirable resort destinations, Grand Hyatt provides sophisticated, global travelers with upscale accommodations. Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar will offer incomparable rooms, as well as 85 private residences, blending dramatic architecture and design with Bahamian authenticity and modern luxury.
Nicklaus Design will create the 18-hole, 72-par Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course at Baha Mar, the highest tier of the company’s design offerings. Founded by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, Nicklaus Design is widely regarded as the world’s leading golf course design firm.
ESPA, a British company that currently operates more than 350 exclusive spas in 55 countries, will operate Baha Mar’s destination spa. The company is well known for its philosophy of creating unique spa experiences that reflect the culture and geography of the destination.
National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB)
The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas is a premier art institution focused on highlighting the value of visual arts in the Bahamian community, preserving the national identity, promoting a deeper [2/2013] understanding of Bahamian culture to the external world and encouraging opportunities for Bahamian artists to venture into the international art scene. NAGB will consult and identify art to loan and display throughout the resort, including for rotating exhibitions in the Baha Mar Convention Center gallery.
Kravitz Design (KDI), founded by global music icon and mulitplatinum Grammy award winner Lenny Kravitz in 2003, will design interiors for the Baha Mar Casino & Hotel Ultra Villa, the largest and most magnificent villa in the Casino Hotel. Kravitz also will design Baha Mar’s Signature Nightclub. His design will bring sophistication and modern glamour to what will become the newest hot spot in the Caribbean.
DINING, SHOPPING & ENTERTAINMENT DISTINCTIONS
Shopping and dining enthusiasts will stroll along promenades and walkways in Waterside Place, enjoying a mix of upscale, international shopping boutiques, authentic Bahamian arts and crafts galleries, as well as restaurants and lounges helmed by some of the most famous names in the culinary world. The heart of Waterside Place will feature a mesmerizing show lake where majestic water fountains dance in a dynamic choreography to unforgettable, original music.
The Beachfront Sanctuary
Baha Mar will include 20 acres of exquisitely landscaped beach and pool experiences, including more than 14 pools and an eco-water park, encouraging blissful relaxation and exploration. Lagoon pools lead to a lantern grove alongside streams and paths filled with lush, Bahamian flowers and native trees. Magnificent flamingos, docile sea turtles and graceful rays will delight guests as they discover the incomparable natural beauty of The Bahamas.
MEETINGS & CONVENTIONS
The Convention Center at Baha Mar
More than 200,000 square feet of combined, state-of-the-art convention and meeting space, one of the Caribbean’s largest facilities. Center also includes a 2,000-seat performing arts center that can double as a sports venue and will feature a gallery displaying Bahamian art curated by The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas.
- HotelFour distinctive new hotels creating more than 2,200 rooms at Baha Mar
- More than 1,100 additional rooms available at the adjacent Wyndham and Sheraton hotels
- Gaming100,000-square-foot Las Vegas-style casino, the largest in the Caribbean
- SpaThe 30,000-square-foot ESPA, globally renowned for its bespoke spa experiences, and the more intimate Sense Spa at Rosewood at Baha Mar
- Golf18-hole, 72-par championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the only one of its kind in The Bahamas
- Beach3,000 feet of continuous, pristine Caribbean beachfront
- Dining, Entertainment & ShoppingMore than 30 unique restaurants, exciting nightclubs and entertainment venues
- Signature Nightclub designed by Kravitz Design, the creative firm led by global music icon, actor and designer Lenny Kravitz
- Magnificent show lake with spectacular fountain
- Luxury shopping, featuring some of the world’s most-famous designer brands
- Galleries featuring Bahamian art
- $3.5 billion project fully funded with $2.45 billion in financing from the Export-Import Bank of China
- Creates 8,000 permanent jobs and 4,000 construction jobs
- Provides more than $305 million in salaries and wages each year
- Adds approximately $1 billion to the economy in new spending in the first year after completion
- Brings a projected 430,000 stopover visitors to Nassau in the first year – a 30% increase
- Improves infrastructure around resort with new roads, drainage and facilities
- Expected to generate more than $4.7 billion in incremental tax revenue over the next 20 years
- Increases The Bahamas’ GDP to $11.2 billion over a 20-year period
BELIEVE, THE BAHA MAR FOUNDATION
- Centered on guiding principles of Community, Culture and Conservation, BELIEVE was formed to allow every Baha Mar team member the opportunity to shape the impact of the company’s philanthropy.
- BELIEVE, The Baha Mar Foundation, has pledged to raise US$1 million before the resort opening in December 2014.
FOR MORE INFORMATION